Thursday, October 6, 2011

2009 Flora Springs Barrel Fermented Chardonnay Napa Valley


Today's post comes courtesy of the fine folks at Flora Springs who introduced me to their delicious barrel fermented chardonnay. I know what you're thinking "Hey Dan didn't you say you liked stainless steel fermented chardonnay?" Congratulations you are very attentive but I also said I like all chardonnays and this wine from Flora Springs ranks right up with my favorites.

In the glass my sniffing pleasure starts with ripe pineapple followed by hints of butterscotch. Next pear, some green apple and lucious tropical notes round out the aromas I identify (soft and not overpowering).

Awesome flavor of ripe pineapple to start. The peach/pear combo greets the middle of your taste and finishes with a nice hint of crisp minerality. The finish is long, juicy with pineapple and a nice buttery sensation. Well done!

Thank you Margaret for introducing me to these wonderful wines from Flora Springs. Readers the next time you visit the Highway 29 wineries make sure in St. Helena you don't miss these great folks!

Cheers
Dan

No comments: