Monday, July 8, 2013

Sleeping Bear Winery Bear Lake White Wine Michigan


I drove by the winery on I94 many times on my way to and from Ann Arbor Michigan but the winery was never open (my trip was always mornings before they opened). Moving child #2's personal items home I arrive to find she had stopped at this cute little Michigan Winery and purchased a couple bottles for Dad. Now I add Michigan to the lists of wine tasted by the Old Iowa Wino.

Bear Lake White Table Wine is a blend of  Chardonnay, Chardonell, and Seyval Blanc. Nice tropical nose with vanilla cream, pear, pineapple, tangerine with a hint of pine straw. Cute little sniffer.

Fresh pear and pineapple on the mouth with a lemon/granny smith apple finish. Served well chilled, the wine was a nice semi dry Midwest white. Definitely enjoyed my first ever Michigan juice.

Sleeping Bear Winery located at 2110 N Concord Rd, Albion, MI 49224 right off I94 you can't miss it. Daughter said it's a cute little stop and recommends to everyone passing by. Drink local and when in the state of wolverines Drink Michigan!

Cheers
Dan

No comments: