Sunday, October 23, 2016

2013 Passaggio New Generation Grenache Paso Robles


My friends chirp at me all the time about being spoiled drinking small production wine. All I can say is "guilty as charged!" Today we sip the 2013 Passaggio Wines Grenache. The grapes for this gem came from Paso Robles and really showcases Cindy's versatility as a winemaker. Give her great grapes and she will make great wine.

I've watched and sipped her wines for better that 9 years now and the growth of her brand is inspiring. From the early days of Crushpad, to the excitement of increased production at Dogpatch and now her own winery close to her tasting room in Sonoma (picture caption "I have to make a lot of wine to fill this place up"). Today, the smile is big and the popularity of her wines is ever increasing. Just recently her tasting room was full of fans tasting and purchasing some recent new release wines. The pick up parties are a gathering of old and new friends of Passaggio in an inviting warm tasting room. A must stop when in the Sonoma Square.

The first thing I notice is how light the color of this wine is in the glass. Aromas of raspberry, strawberry and cherry with a nice white pepper spice treat the nose. The flavors are soft and elegant with juicy cherry, raspberry and a nice tart cranberry. The white pepper spice is faint on the finish. An all around delicious wine from Cindy's portfolio and drinking so well right now. I would say this is a 90+ rated wine!

Purchase your very own bottles of Passaggio Wines online or by visiting the tasting room. Either way you are in for a real treat.

Cheers
Dan


1 comment:

John Krause said...

I have been following Cynthia for a few years as well. I am eager to visit her tasting room soon.
Thanks for sharing.