Saturday, December 15, 2018

Lautenbach's Orchard Country and Winery Seyval Blanc Fish Creek Wisconsin


Door County Wisconsin the beautiful peninsula home to shops, excellent restaurants and some of the best views of both Lake Michigan and Green Bay along with sunsets to die for. September was the perfect time to visit with families picking fresh apples, leaves turning colors and a crisp wind blowing off the lake. A stop at Lautenbach's and I swear the entire state might have been visiting at the same time. The apple orchard was full of pickers and inside the market the lines were gigantic. No economic issues here. The tasting bar is a horseshoe and people were 5 deep tasting the many wines they have to offer. Naturally I'm snooping the shelves looking for a couple bottles to bring to my daughter for watching the pooch and me because well I like wine LOL. (By the way she took the Frontenac Rose the little thief)

A bottle of Seyval Blanc caught my eye as I scoured the room. The grape known for it's ability to grow and produce in colder climates, I thought what a perfect way to taste "Wisconsin Wine". Screw cap closure and under $14 for this refreshing sipper. Produced and bottled in Fish Creek Wisconsin.

I paired this with shrimp this evening and would highly recommend any seafood dish with this Seyval Blanc. The nose shows green apple and a hint of lemon zest with fresh honey and wild flowers. The mouth is crisp and clean full of citrus and acidity. Green apple, lemon the kiss of honey with a slight sweetness all zip across your tongue leaving you wanting more. 


I'll need to swing back next year grab more Wisconsin Wine when we pay another visit to this beautiful state. Several wineries to tour and taste along with Lautenbach's I need to visit. Hurry up spring!


Cheers

Dan

No comments: