Saturday, June 29, 2019

2016 Runquist Wines 1448 California Red Table Wine


I had the opportunity and introduction to these wines a few years ago when my local wine store held a meet the winemaker and their wines event. I have been a fan of Jeff Runquist Wines ever since, and have come to the realization that you better buy early because typically his wines sell out (I might have learned my lesson on a tasty Cab Franc just saying). This was a purchase from First Avenue Wine House and an excellent blend.

Once the screw cap enclosure was removed the bouquet of aromas release gently from the glass. Red, black and blue fruit intertwined with floral and herbal notes are pleasing to the nose. Plum, black raspberry, blueberry, cherry with hints of violets and dried herbs finishing with a nutty toasted vanilla character. The mouth is seductive and juicy showcasing the exquisite ripe fruit of cherry, raspberry, plum and smooth blueberry. As the wine wanders on the palate a quick hint of toasted oak with a finish of creamy vanilla. Fantastic blend and one I could drink daily.

Guess on a next visit I need to stop by the tasting room for a few mores sips.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: