Sunday, January 10, 2010

2006 Paul Dolan Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon

The rat race of the Holiday Season is behind and now time to get back to tasting wine. My next entry comes from my second sample from Paul Dolan at Paul Dolan Vineyards the 2006 Cabernet. What I really like about this wine is the the fact I can drink it alone or serve a nice red meat dish. I have tasted Cabernet's where the flavor is so bold one must only serve with food.

Very pronounced aroma once in the glass. Ripe plum and spice. Simple yet not overpowering. Nice color, here we go.

The aroma and the taste match perfectly. Rip plum to start, followed by spice and then a nice earthy finish. Full flavored but soft on the end. Impressive cabernet. Tons of love in this wine by the winemaker.

I encourage you to try a bottle today and would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers
Dan