Saturday, January 16, 2010

2007 Paul Dolan Pinot Noir Mendocino County

Well I have saved my favorite wine for the last blog entry of my samples from Paul Dolan Vineyards. The 2007 Pinot Noir is an excellent Pinot with definate ripe fruit flavor.

When in the glass the aroma of juicy cherry and berry are very pronounced in the beginning followed by vanilla and oak. The classic Pinot aromas. The excitement builds.

Nice juicy cherry flavor throughout this wine. In the middle I grab a vanilla spice, berry, oak and finish again with the cherry. Nice rich wine. Balanced flavors all in harmony make this in my opinion one of the very good Pinot Noirs I've enjoyed. If you can't tell I'm a big Pinot fan.

A big thank you goes out to Paul Dolan for allowing me to taste his award winning wines. I truly enjoyed each one. I hope you stop and see them soon to taste their excellent wines. Say hello for me.

Cheers
Dan

2 comments:

The Wine Whore said...

I can't wait to try the Dolan Pinot! Sounds tasty!

Kelly Lentz said...

Dear Dan,

We can't wait for you to make it out to California. I know Paul would like to show you around his family's Biodynamic vineyardand open a few great bottles - like our new Paul Dolan Filligreen Pinot Noir from Anderson Valley. See you soon!

Regards,

Kelly Lentz
Paul Dolan Vineyards