Thursday, October 21, 2010

2007 Cardinal Zinfandel Beastly Old Vines


Zinfandel was a wine I knew very little about and frankly I tasted rarely if ever. Some followers of the blog said Zins are great wines, full of flavor and enjoyable. Just happened that I was headed tailgating and picked up a Zin to go with the BBQ. Great pairing so it was definately time to try more of this great wine. I received the Cardinal Zinfandel 2007 as a sample and wow what a wine.

The first aroma once in the glass is an awesome spice. I really think it actually warmed my nose! Next the blackberry, plum, red berry round out my swirl smell swirl smell. Nice color on this wine as well.

Ok I now know why Zinfandel lovers get excited. The juicy plum begins your tasting pleasure. The spice appears in the middle of the wine and warms you. The blackberry follows up the spice and the finish is long and juicy with the plum/blackberry combination. Seriously good wine and one I will continue drinking. A big thank you to the folks at Cardinal Zin Cellars for a wonderful opportunity to taste their wine.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: