Sunday, June 19, 2016

2015 Campesino Isa Grenache Rose Sonoma Coast


When is a great time to sip rose you ask? Anytime should be the answer not just when it's hot. Readers know I'm a huge fan of Campesino Cellars and the wines produced by Macario Montoya. Today's 2015 Grenache Rose might just be one of the finest rose wines I have sipped.

Macario along with his wife Griselda own this ultra premium boutique label. I just love small production wines with their intense flavors and labor of love production. The attention to detail on these wines from the vineyard to the bottle is a team effort. As they will both tell you the success of their label includes the work of the Campesinos. Many times these field workers are forgotten but not by these two because it's the exact same work their families performed when coming to the area to make a better life for themselves and their children.

In the glass the red berry aromas explode with wild strawberry and raspberry. Cinnamon spice fills your nose with a slight hint of white pepper and fresh daisies. Nice complexity of aromas.

The mouth was so good I think my comment to the winemaker "I love this wine!" was well received LOL. The red berries were so intense (cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, cherry) with a slight tartness in the middle but a wonderful splash of spice on the finish. A wonderful expression of rose and wine which Macario produces. Well done my friend and Happy Fathers Day!

I encourage you to sign up for the mailing list by clicking the link Campesino Cellars Mailing List to make sure you have the opportunity to obtain their latest releases. It's an email I can't wait to receive but then again you already knew that.

Cheers
Dan


No comments: