Saturday, February 12, 2022

2018 Torii Mor Pinot Noir Willamette Valley

 


A purchase from my local wine shop, I snapped up a bottle of Torii Mor Pinot which might have come highly recommended by the shop owner. I'm game for Pinot as you already know!

Screw cap closure the 2018 Pinot Noir was sourced from 9 vineyards which included the Olson Vineyard, with harvest occurring from late September to early October. A really good vintage for Oregon this year due to the warm dry weather and the absence of heat spikes.

The nose opens with crushed blueberries, dark cherry and raspberry with a hint of rose pedals and earthy herbs. Really pleasant on the nose. The mouth is lush and juicy with cherry, raspberry and pomegranate followed by a kiss of herbs and earth finishing with a little toasted vanilla. The finish is long and soft but this wine is not short on flavor. Enjoyable paired with your favorite dish or sipping by itself I'd give this wine an A+.

My next visit to Oregon I'll need to make a visit and sip a few more of their wines.

Cheers

Dan

No comments: