Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2008 Cleavage Creek Reserve Chardonnay Tracy Hills

My new friends at Cleavage Creek asked me to sample a couple wines and I couldn't refuse such a request. While reasearching Budge Brown's wines I read his story and became very impressed with one man's desire to beat such a horrible disease.
For those of you who do not know, Budge Brown lost his wife Arlene to breast cancer after 48 years of marriage. Budge's comment sums up this disease very clearly "My wife died for no damn good reason." Your absolutly right Budge and because of his spirit folks, 10% of gross sales go directly to cancer research. What's more impressive on each label there is a picture of a survivor and on the website you can read each ones story. The website http://www.cleavagecreek.com/ where I encourage you to visit and discover some remarkable individuals. Over $72,000 has been raised and donated to research and hopefully one day in the very near future, doctors will find a cure. Thank you Budge for the heart and passion to beat this disease.
Ok now how was the Chardonnay you ask? Much different than your typical Chardonnay. When poured in the glass sweet melon was the dominant aroma followed by oak.
When I tasted the wine I expected as always in a Chardonnay apple but none was found. Instead the first taste brings the melon flavor at the start and finishes with orange followed by a hint of oak. Unique twist on Chardonnay. I encourage you to try a bottle and leave your comments on the blog, letting me know how you liked the wine.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: