Sunday, April 3, 2011

2007 TR Elliott Queste Pinot Noir Russian River Valley


I'm a regular viewer on the Tuesday Live wine show from Cellars Of Sonoma hosted by Scott Jordan. TR Elliott is one of the wines poured there and has been featured on the show along with proprietor Ted Elliott. Imagine my excitement when checking out the shelves of my friends shop 1st Avenue Wine House I find and 07 Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. Worth every penney as you will see.

Founded in 2002, TR Elliott is dedicated to creating some of the finest hand crafted Pinot Noir made. The Russian River Valley in Sonoma has long been known as one of the perfect regions for soil and temps suitable for growing pinot grapes and not surprised Mr Elliott would chose this region in his quest to produce award winning Pinot.

As soon as I uncorked this beauty the rush of black cherry filled my nose. There is such a distinct fruit aroma from the rrv and so beautiful. Continuing I get the leather aroma, a slight hint of vanilla and finishing with just the right amount of earthiness. Having said this before with some excellent wines introduced to me, this wine you could smell all day and never stop.

Lets just say I died and went to heaven after my first taste of this Pinot. The ripe dark cherry is very pleasing to the palate. The mushroom flavor compliments the cherry and brings the earthiness into the wine (in my mind I pictured the vine and the soil so yes call me crazy). Finally the smallest hint of chocolate rounds out my tasting experience. Amazing bottle of wine that truly spoiled this Pinot Noir lover.

I encourage you to visit their site TR Elliott and sign up for their mailing list. If your in Santa Rosa for a visit stop by and say hello to my friend Scott at Cellars Of Sonoma and order a glass of TR Elliott Pinot Noir. Trust me when I say you will thank me later.

Cheers
Dan

2 comments:

Ted Elliott said...

Dan, thank you for your review! And glad you found a bottle of our wine - visit us in California when you get a chance - Ted Elliott

Dan G said...

I will definately visit when I am out! Cheers