Saturday, August 6, 2011

2008 Ceja Vineyards Carneros Pinot Noir


Selecting a bottle of wine to enjoy on any particular day is exciting to me and especially when I choose one from Ceja Vineyards. Each varietal pours nicely, the aromas are consistently pleasing to the nose and the taste is outstanding. The Ceja family takes great pride in producing some of the finest wines in Carneros and considers each fan an extension of their family. Armando the 2008 Carneros Pinot Noir is awesome.

In the glass that wonderful familiar herbal spice greets my nose that tells me right away it's Carneros. Different regions have that special characteristic that sets it apart from others. Next the aroma of cherry, a hint of rose pedal and red berries. I found myself swirling the wine more than usual admiring how the layers of aromas were absolutely perfect.

The taste spoiled me with so much flavor yet the finish was soft and elegant. Deep dark cherry with hints of red raspberry and strawberry. The spice had a slight earthy/herb flavor and finished the wine nicely. Just like the aromas before them the balance of flavors were heaven. Amelia this might be my new favorite Ceja wine but then again all your varietals make that list :)

Visit their website by clicking here Ceja Vineyards and order your own bottles to enjoy. I highly recommend stopping by their tasting salon in downtown Napa on you next visit to wine country.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: