Monday, September 5, 2011

2007 Flora Springs Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley


September 1st 2001 was the 2nd annual Cabernet Day where wine lovers across the globe tasted and tweeted about the wine they were drinking. I was fortunate to receive a sample from my friends at Flora Springs the 07 Napa Valley Cabernet.

Flora Springs Winery was founded in 1978 and is located in the heart of Napa Valley at the base of the Mayacamas Mountains. Over 3 decades of family wine making with over 90% of the red wine made from the grapes organically farmed estate vineyards on their 650 acres. The winery is named after mother and grandmother Flora along with the natural springs that run throughout the property. I highly recommend stopping by on your next visit to see the beauty and taste the wine.

On the nose a wonderful aroma of ripe dark fruit, dark cherry, vanilla, smokey oak and rounding out with a beautiful spice. As the wine opened up the oak faded slightly showcasing the beautiful fruit.

Excellent flavor on this wine. Blackberry, ripe dark cherry, hints of raspberry and vanilla, nice currant spice finishing with oak. I drank this wine with Beef Taquitos and loved the pairing. Beef and Cabernet are always a hit at my house. Yes I tasted while I cooked and the wine can easily be enjoyed on its own.

Margaret thank you so much for allowing me to taste this wonderful Cabernet. Kudos to Paul, Pat and their entire staff at Flora Springs! To learn more about their story click the link Flora Springs . Order wine, schedule a visit I think you will agree the wine is exquisite.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: