Monday, January 7, 2013

2009 Cornerstone Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon


Located on Washington Street in Yountville, you will find the quaint tasting room of Cornerstone Cellars loaded with exceptional wines. After a visit, there are several shops, an art gallery and many world class restaurants to complete your day.

Tonight's vino (sample received) is the 09 Cornerstone Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Composed of 95% Cabernet and 5% Merlot (aged 22 months in french oak), Cornerstone produced 842 cases and the wine clocks in at 14.9% alcohol. I opened 2 hours before really getting after this wine but I also tasted just after opening and I highly suggest allowing this baby to open up with air. Evident right from the first swirl is the dark cherry and clove racing into your nose. Raspberry, vanilla with a kick of cinnamon followed by blackberry. Rich, complex aromas....yep it's definately time to taste.

Silky smooth and nice ripe fruit. Juicy cherry/raspberry combination with hints of plum/blackberry. On the finish the cherry and plum last long with a nice touch of cinnamon spice. As I continued to taste, I notice the layers of fruit and spice are so well balanced neither dominates. Drink by itself or pair with a nice hearty stew, I think you will agree it's one fine cabernet.

Schedule a visit, buy some wine or learn more about Cornerstone Napa by clicking the link. I hope you share the same thoughts about them as I do. Great people, exceptional wines it must be Cornerstone.

Cheers
Dan

Save $100 with Orbitz and Travel Today

No comments: