Thursday, January 3, 2013

2011 Passaggio Unmarked Code 7 Pinot Noir Fagan Creek Single Vineyard


I'm going to start this post off by saying yes I am going to be a tad biased on this wine but not compromise what I do which is taste wine. It just so happens I am a partner in tonights vino. You heard correctly....the Iowa Wino and his wife are partners in a wonderful boutique winery. Passaggio Winemaker Cynthia Cosco introduces her newest label Unmarked Code 7 a 2011 Napa Valley Pinot Noir Single Vineyard from Fagan Creek. Created for the wine lover, the bottle celebrates the selfless work of the men and women in law enforcement. She will be donating 5% of the selling price of each bottle to charities serving the families of peace officers who have fallen in the line of duty. Those who know Cindy are well aware of her former 15 year career in law enforcement. It's about giving back and I can't be more excited for these families.

The wine had trouble arriving to my home due to a blizzard but the delay was worth the wait. First aroma from the glass is my favorite dark cherry. Cloves, eucalyptus, dried herbs and tobacco fill my nose as I continue to swirl. Nice pleaser Cindy.

Young and still evolving but overall very tasty juice. Cherry and clove dominate the first sip. Raspberry with tart cranberry and a juicy finish. Opens very well on day 2. The wine has some tannin and it's very evident on the finish. Warms you up too! I have another bottle saved to be tasted in a year. Speaking with Cindy she says drink now or cellar for up to 7 years. Only 65 cases produced so don't miss the chance to taste the first Pinot Noir offering from Passaggio Wines

New Years Resolution to join a wine club then check out the Passionistas Wine Club which offers some excellent selections if I do say so myself. We have a winner here Cindy.

Cheers
Dan

Save $100 on flight and hotel from Orbitz

No comments: