Monday, March 18, 2013

2008 Ceja Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley


I left this wine in the cellar for just the right moment to open and enjoy. My last Ceja bottle (yes I must get more) from my second wine club shipment a few years ago and oh how this juice has aged. Back in December 2011 I opened the first bottle and many winemakers will tell you to open a few bottles at different ages to see/taste/smell how these wines have evolved. Pouring very nicely.

On the nose red raspberry, blackberry, dark cherry with hints of plum and anise. As I continue to swirl, cloves and a slight hint of vanilla circle my nose. Beautiful fruit and spice combination,  a trademark of Ceja Vineyards Wine

Luscious silky mouth feel. Fresh dark cherry and red raspberry treat the palate with a nice splash of blackberry. Juicy long finish of raspberry with just a touch of spice which warms me right up. The wine has softened even more. A wonderful bottle of wine, well crafted with love. Five years ago Amelia, you introduced me to your portfolio of wine and each vintage gets better and better. Salud!

I hope you get the chance to taste some Ceja Vineyards Wine very soon. Always a special treat.

Cheers
Dan


No comments: