Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lynfred Cuvee Premium White Table Wine

My latest taste comes from the fine people of Lynfred Winery in Roselle Illinois (my home state). What I didn't know was that Lynfred Winery is the oldest and largest in the state and produces 50 varietals and 25,000 cases per year. They asked if I would blog about their wine and could they send me samples. As you can tell my response was YES!

So my first sample was the Lynfred Cuvee Premium White Table Wine. I liked how they included a tasting sheet telling me this is a 100% Chardonnay blend. My first sniff screams pineapple but also it gave me the sensation of a crisp cool chilled bowl of fruit. Spicy, oak and as the wine warmed a touch, here came my favorite vanilla. Nice aroma on this one.

Excellent white wine and 13.5% alcohol. The taste was a perfect combination of creamy pineapple followed by buttery vanilla and you can sure tell the finish because Mr. Oak is definately present along with a touch of spice. Very impressed. I see why Lynfred Winery has such a large following. Stop out today, say hi to Christina and the gang while you sample Lynfred's award winning wines. Take a few bottles home too for your friends.



2 comments:

Christina Anderson-Heller said...

What a lovely post Dan! Thank you for the stellar review!

Michele said...

I love everything Lynfred. Now you really need to try the Lynfred Cuvee Premium Red. Yum!