Monday, August 16, 2010

2005 Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Cathy Corison


This was the second wine we opened on Wine Wednesday courtesy of Wine Maker Cathy Corison and my last sample of her award winning to die for cabernet. My wine buddy Brett had the opportunity to taste the 02 and 06 cabernets and was equally impressed with this wine. Brooke who tasted Corison for the first time was very impressed. Myself..... I was sad when the bottle was dry :)

Right away we each commented on the aroma of the fruit. The dark fruit of blackberry, blueberry and dark cherry combined with the spice really set you up for what was to come when tasting the wine. I was amazed how both my wine buddies were swirling and smelling vs tasting. A compliment to the wine!

Just as impressive as the first 2 cabernets, the wonderful flavor of blackberry treats your palate first. Second I really like the dark juicy cherry flavor and how it complimented the blackberry. Brett and Brooke could taste the blueberry and Brett picked up the licorice and spice at the end. I picked up the warm spice at the end and loved how the flavors flowed together perfectly.

Cathy another amazing cabernet and I (we) could drink your wines all day! I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to taste and blog your wines.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: