Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2006 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley


Imagine yourself having an opportunity to indulge in a bottle of cabernet from one of Napa Valleys top wine producers. I had just the pleasure, courtesy of the winemaker herself Cathy Corison.

In 1987, after many years of producing wine for others the first vintage of Corison Cabernet was born. I love her quote on the website Corison Winery Story "There was a wine inside me that needed to be made". The winery located on St Helena Highway with tasting by appointment, is open 7 days per week 10-5. The wines are produced from vineyards located between Rutherford and St Helena where Cathy feels "the vines produce some of the most concentrated and superbly ripened fruit anywhere". I couldn't agree more because these wines are special.

I chose to serve this wine with my grilled bacon wrapped beef filet. Nothing better than amana beef and cabernet. In the glass the aroma of boysenberry comes right to the front. Next I get a slight chocolate/plum combination and finish with wonderful spice.

One of the finest cabernets I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. The berry jam at the beginning of the taste absolutely makes the wine. Juicy from start to finish. The back of the wine has just the right amount of spice to compliment the dark berry flavors. Silky and rich you feel like royalty enjoying this cabernet.

When in Napa spoil yourself and set an appointment to visit and find out for yourself how good Corison Cabernet tastes. I hope you enjoy the wine as much as I do. Cathy thank you for allowing me to taste your awesome wine.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: