Friday, April 18, 2014

2010 Wine By Joe Pinot Noir Oregon Winemaker Joe Dobbes


A real palate pleaser for a Pinot I purchased under $20 from winemaker/owner Joe Dobbes. Enjoyable easy drinker which has some nice character and flavor. Joe by the way is the sole owner of Dobbes Family Estate (Luxury Wines) and Wine By Joe (Really Good Wine).

Excellent nose of ripe cherry, raspberry with cinnamon and white pepper spice. I get some earthy tones as well when I allow the wine to sit and open in the glass.

The mouth is wonderful with cherry and strawberry both very juicy. Cola and pepper spice which really warms the mouth with a hint of cranberry on the finish. Tastes more like a $30 + Pinot. I'm headed back to the store for more of this hidden Oregon gem. Well done Joe!

 I enjoyed while helping whip up a sausage zitti bake and then paired with the dish.No problem sipping this wine everyday!

Cheers
Dan




No comments: