Thursday, September 24, 2009

2008 St Supery Cabernet Sauvignon


Can you say 3 for 3 on excellent St Supery Wines. I opened my sample the 2004 St Supery Cabernet Sauvignon and found this to be a big flavored wine.


Once in the glass the the first thing my nose identified was the sweet smell of oak followed by dark berry and spice. Excellent deep red color this wine looks rich so............. time to taste.


Wow this cabernet is huge. Blackberry/blackcherry combination at the beginning followed by spice and oak. I first tasted this at 60* and I found the flavor excellent and as the wine warmed to around 65* the fruit and spice became dominant and the oak faded to a hint.


The St Supery Cabernet was the best Cab I have ever enjoyed. Perfect both before dinner and with a fresh grilled beef filet, I considered myself spoiled. St Supery Cabernet is a must to keep on hand.

No comments: