Friday, September 11, 2009

Francis Ford Coppola 2007 Rosso &Jargon 2007 Pinot Noir

Another excellent Friday wine taste with co-workers who love wine as much as I do. Deb started us off the is evening with a 2007 Francis Ford Coppola Rosso. The wine is a combination of Zinfandel, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. I thought this would be a heavy wine but I was wrong. Very smooth and silky. Because I once again forgot my glass it was a makeshift wine drinking cup. Nice aroma of cherry, vanilla, little strawberry, slight oak and dark fruit. In the mouth I love the black cherry/raspberry combination, then a slight spice (Ah the Zin).

Our second wine was a 2007 Jargon Pinot Noir (Deb said it had been awhile since we had a Pinot and I couldn't agree more). Big black cherry aroma and taste along with strawberry and cola. Inexpensive at $10.99 and a screw top!! I really think for the price this Pinot overdelivered.

No comments: