Monday, September 28, 2009

2008 St Supery Sauvignon Blanc

Well gang my 4th sample from the good folks at St Supery and Rick Bakas was excellent just as the prior 3 bottles I tasted. For the record I am now a big fan of St Supery and I suggest you try their wine as well. Excellent fruit, perfect balance you can't get any better wine. Iowa wine stores please check with your distributor and carry St Supery. California visitors make sure you stop by their winery and tasting room.

The 2008 Sauvignon Blanc gave me an aroma of grapefruit, ripe melon and a hint of peach. Other Sauvignon Blanc's I've tried the grapefruit overpowered the whole glass but each fruit in St Supery's blended together as if in harmony.

While tasting I was enjoying a Bertolli Garlic Shrimp, Penne, Roasted Red Pepper/Tomato dish and what a combination. The wine started with the grapefruit flavor followed closely by the melon and lime (fooled me at first), finally finishing with soft peach. The fruit worked together nicely. Elegant and refreshing.

Again thank you Rick Bakas and St Supery for introducing me to your wines.

2 comments:

The Wine Whore said...

How much does this one retail for? I've been meaning to try one of these... is the SB your favorite St. Supery wine or is there one you would recommend over it?

Cheers!

Dan G said...

On the St Supery website non members the whites I tasted retailed for 23.00 and the cabernet was 38. I liked them all and was very impressed with the Moscato and Sauvignon Blanc in the whites and the Cabernet is a must. These were sent to me to sample by Rick and the winery so I had great wine free. Dan