Sunday, September 20, 2009

2008 St Supery Moscato

Thanks to Rick Bakas and the fine people of St Supery Winery for the samples they sent me to taste. I have heard so many good things about their wine and I had the opportunity to taste for myself.
I started by choosing the 2008 Moscato because after dinner I craved a glass of wine and what better than a nice Moscato (the daughter bailed on me but her loss my gain.... more for me).

Once in the glass this wine screams ripe peach followed by a citris/orange scent. I just love the balance of the fruit aroma this wine gives.

Excellent flavor and so light for a Moscato. I've tasted others that were heavy almost like a syrup but St Supery is so very good. Peach aroma explodes into a peach flavor throughout. Towards the end I get the cantaloupe/peach combination and its wonderful. Ripe juicy fruit yet light.

If you want to impress your friends serve them St Supery Moscato and promise you will invite me for a glass or two.

No comments: