Sunday, January 23, 2011

2007 Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel Napa Valley


I received this sample of Ravenswood Old Vine Zinfandel as I migrated away from my normal pinot noir tastings and ventured into other varietals. Actually I had tasted zins before but never found one I like and then many of my wonderful wine friends flooded me with suggestions of excellent zinfandels. I'm now a Zin fan!

Loved the aroma on this wine. The combination of ripe blackberry and plum on the nose is awesome. Currants and smokey oak round out my smelling pleasure.

Excellent flavor and definately full bodied. Fresh plum and raspberry started off my taste. Very juicy fruit! Touch of blackberry in the middle followed by the spice of clove and the finish lovely vanilla. The combination of flavors were perfect and made the wine very enjoyable. A big thank you to the folks at Ravenswood for introducing me to their wines!

Cheers
Dan

No comments: