Saturday, January 22, 2011

2008 Cartlidge and Browne Pinot Noir


A wine I chose for this post is one which sells out fast in my area. Folks here tend to taste a wine and then proceed to buy it out especially if its a great value. Cartlidge and Browne fits that mold and I can't tell you how many times once their wine is sold out I have to wait for the next vintage.

The 08 Cartlidge & Browne Pinot Noir California is full of juicy cherry on the nose. Slight hint of ripe plum and then a wonderful spice to finish out the aroma's. Whenever I smell ripe cherry in a wine I'm so excited to taste. Probably why I love Pinot so much.

Great taste on this baby. The cherry is jamy and really gives you the feeling of cobbler! Loved the plum which tasted as it was fresh picked. Combine that with the slight warm spice finish and you have one outstanding wine. Priced at $12.99 this is a very good Pinot and one that won't last long on the shelf.

Cheers
Dan

1 comment:

Cartlidge & Browne Winery said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! Thank you for the best post ever! We are honored...and of course, we agree :)

Honestly, we work very hard to hand craft great wine and not charge a lot of money for it. We are not a large corporate winery and we take pride in that. It means so much to us when someone appreciates what we do. Cheers!